JBL WIND2 Portable Speakers
Congratulations for the purchase of WIND 2! To ensure proper use of WIND please read this manual before you start to use it. Also, please safely keep this manual for future reference and troubleshooting.
- 1x WIND 2
- 1x USB charging cable
- 1x Aux cable
- 1x Carabiner
- 1x Bracket
- 1x User’s manual
- 1x Rubber mount
The product is compatible with BT-enabled devices, including I phone, I iPad, I Pod, Android Phone, tablets and etc. It is also compatible with devices that have 3.5mm earphone jack to connect to the product.
- Wireless and To-Go
Easy connection with your electronic devices wirelessly and use it portably. The wireless working range is around 8-10 meters (30 feet), no cords and no hassle.
- Hand-free calling on-the-go
With a built-in microphone, the unit takes on your calls just free and easily.
- 2-in-1 design for use in bicycle and backpack
- Carabiner and bicycle bar mounter with bracket are provided for two uses in carrying it over.
- Handle for hanging a carabiner
- Play/pause (BT, aux and micro SD / TF), FM Scan and Mute (Radio)
- Volume + ( Long press ) – All functions Next (Short press) – BT, micro SD / TF and radio functions
- Volume – ( Long press ) – All functions Lap (Short press) – BT, micro SD / TF and radio functions
- “ON / OFF” and “Source” button (BT, aux, micro SD TF and radio)
- Connection for USB charging
- Headphone output
- Micro SD / TF Card
- AUX input
- Bluetooth connection LED indicator
- LED battery charge indicator
Two easy steps to get your JBL WIND 2 ready to enjoy.
Step 1: Charging before use
Connect your WIND 2 BT Speaker to a USB power source using the enclosed USB charging cable.
Step 2: Connecting to play
- Bluetooth connection
As soon as the portable WIND 2 box is turned on, the BT indicator will blink and signal to confirm that the unit is currently in BT pairing mode. Access the BT settings on your phone, tablet or computer to locate the device called “JBL WIND 2” and press to select. A signal will be issued to confirm that the device has been satisfactorily paired in seconds. The next time you use the WIND 2 device, the product will automatically connect to your devices once pairing has been performed. To disconnect the device, press the “Play / Pause” button for 5 seconds and it will start pairing a newly available device.
- FM Radio connection
As soon as WIND 2 is turned on, press the source select button again, after the beep, it will start playing the FM radio. Click the “+” and “-” buttons to advance and return the radios respectively. When you turn on your JBL WIND 2 for the first time, after playing the radio, press the “Play / Pause” button up to start scanning th FM radios of your region as soon as your radio is ready for use. OBS.: This process needs to be performed only on first use
- Direct Connection
The WIND 2 Portable Box can also connect to devices that have a handset output or a line-out using the AUX cable shipped with the device.
- Micro SD / TF card
Play your music through a micro SD / TF card. Click the “source” button to switch between signal inputs.
After pairing your mobile phone to WIND 2 with BT, the speaker phone function can be used.
- Make calls: The call will automatically transfer to the speakerphone. If not, tap the play/pause button;
- Answer call: Tap the play/pause button to answer the incoming call;
- End call: Tap the play/pause button during the call to end the call;
- Reject call: Hold the play/pause button to reject the incoming call;
- Redial last number: Double-tap the play/pause button to redial the last number when it is not in a call.
When the power is low, a beep will comes out from the speaker, please charge the speaker when you hear the beep.
- Connect the standard USB end of the supplied USB cable to a USB power source (like PC, USB power adapter…etc.);
- Connect the Micro USB jack to the USB charging port in the unit. The charging indicator will light up while charging;
- It will take about 2 hours to fully charge the BT speaker;
- The LED indicator will stay on while charging, and goes off after fully charged.
Note: if the unit is not used longer than 7 days, please charge the unit for 10 minutes before turn on the unit.
Laptop / notebook / PC
As the BT versions for these types of devices vary greatly, the connection methods will differ as well. If you cannot connect with the WIND 2 BT Speaker using the previous method instructed, you may need to install a new version of the BT driver. Please refer the instructions of device for details.
- Note: All specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Product name: Wind 2
- Power Supply: USB 5V, 1A
- Built-in Lithium Ion battery: 3.7V 730mAh
- Output power: 5W RMS
- BT Profile Supported: A2DP, AVRCP
- BT Version: 4.2
- Working range: up to 10m
- Working atmosphere: 0°C 40°C / 20% 90% RH
- Memory card capacity: 64GB
- SPL Max: 80dB
IPX7 (OBS.: To ensure that JBLWIND2 is waterproof, please remove all cable connections and tightly close the cap; exposing the JBLWIND2 to liquids without doing so may result permanent damage to the speaker or power source. IPX7 waterproof is defined as a speaker can be immersed in water up to 1m for up to 30 minutes.)
Please follow the instructions below before cleaning the unit:
- Power off the unit first before clear
- Use a soft, dry, lint-free cloth to wipe gently
- Do not use alcohol, benzene, thinners or other chemical detergents as these can cause the casing to be warped or discolored
- If the unit will not be used for an extended period of time, power off the unit and place the unit with accessories into the package
- Do not set the unit in a damp, high temperature or a sun point-blank place
Issue: Pairing is unsuccessfully after multiple attempts
- Check if the BT indicator light is on. If the indicator light is off, please press the power button to turn the unit on. If the BT indicator light still doesn’t come on after pressing the power button, please charge the unit.
- Check for other BT devices around the surroundings that may interfere with searching and turn devices off.
- Power off and then power on the unit to restart the BT function of the unit
or your BT device.
- Unplug any cables plugged into the AUX IN, restart all devices and then attempt pairing again. Issue: Interference or static during playback
- Avoid using the device between concrete or other building structures that may interfere with the signal.
- Please check if the battery level of the unit and the BT device and charge if necessary.
Issue: Radios are not working well.
- Check that the radios have been scanned according to instructions on page 4
This product is specially designed based on the full attention to safety; in order to make sure the accident f-ree operation, please abide by the guidelines listed below:
- Always position the unit on a stable and level surface. Unstable surface can cause the unit to topple and fall, resulting in possible damage or injury;
- Do not drop, unpack, open, beat, curve, prink and burn the unit;
- Avoid using the unit nearby basins or sinks where it may come in contact with water;
- Do not place any ware with full water on the top of the unit, such as a vase, glass, or pot, and please avoid placing the candle on the speaker surface as well;
- Protect the using of the unit from any overheating devices (such as a radiator, heating installation, cooking stove or other heating devices);
- Regardless of what reasons cause the unit damage, have the repair performed only by an authorized JBL dealer or service center;
- If you want to do the cleaning, please turn off the unit and unplug the power cable from the outlet first;
- Set the volume properly to prevent injury to the unit and your health;
Correct Disposal of this product. This marking indicates that this product
should not be disposed of with other household wastes throughout the EU. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, recycle it responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources. To return your used device, please use the return and collection systems or contact the retailer where theproduct was purchased. They can take this product for environmentally safe recycling.
- The battery (battery or batteries or battery pack) shall not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire or the like.
- No naked flame sources, such as lighted candles, should be placed on the apparatus.
Warning: WIND 2 is designed as a multipurpose speaker which includes common and casual use on a bicycle as an entertaining device. We are not liable to riskin using WIND 2 while you ride on a bicycle for speed racing, BMX performance, downhill riding, jumping and etc. Please always use WIND 2 on a bike in a manner of safe riding.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
HARMAN International Industries, Inc.
400 Atlantic St.
Stamford, CT 06901 – USA.
2019 HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated. All rights reserved. Harman do Brasil Industria Eletrônica e Participações Ltda. is a trademark of Harman International Industries, registered in the United States and/or other countries. Features, specifications, and appearance are subject to change without notice.
Documents / Resources
|JBL WIND2 Portable Speakers [pdf] Owner’s Manual
WIND2 Portable Speakers, WIND2, Portable Speakers, Speakers